Online gambling should be used as a form of entertainment and not as a way to generate streams of income. For most players, it is a casual experience that is quite enjoyable, but for some, it can create financial problems when they lose control.
We aim to provide the safest experiences to all players and offer responsible gambling tips that help all members remain in control. Under no circumstances will anyone under the legal gambling age be allowed to access real money gambling activities.
Trained Staff Members
Many sites employ only the best support team members and these reps are there to help players in all ways, including with responsible gambling. The support team is there to help with the identification of problem behavior patterns and to address and respond to them. This means they will be able to provide assistance to any compulsive player or any site member that needs help managing their account or time spent at the site.
The support team can offer options such as:
- Rest periods from the account that can last from a week to 6 months.
- The offering of contacts to multiple licensed organizations that can assist with gambling addictions.
Underage Use Policies
Licensed online casinos always adhere to local laws and regulations, so they are unable to accept any player that is not over the legal gambling age of 18. Sites will take all measures to ensure that members are always of legal age and will prevent the registration of any visitor that does not meet age requirements.
If there is concern about an underage player accessing a site, there are some simple steps that can be taken to prevent this.
- Monitor underage children when using a computer
- Do not save site passwords or provide underage children with payment information
- Create unique user profiles on the computer to restrict access
- Use parental controls and software to restrict access to certain online sites that have age restrictions
If players are engaging in gambling activities online and suspect another member is under the age of 18, this can be reported to the customer support team and will be handled appropriately.
Staying in Control
It is the responsibility of every player to manage their account and stay in control when playing online. Online casino sites will not take any responsibility for lost wagers or funds. To help players remain in control, there are some questions they can ask that will help to identify the reasons they are playing. These include:
- Does gambling interfere with work, family or social life?
- Do you play after suffering large losses?
- Do you access gambling sites while using alcohol or drugs?
- Is online gambling used as a means to escape problems in daily life?
If the answer to one or more of these questions is yes, there is a chance one may be on their way to developing a gambling problem and they should seek assistance as soon as possible.
Some players will be able to notice they are overspending or developing a problem and they can request a rest period from the casino site. The customer service team will suspend the account on a temporary basis and the length of time is chosen by the player. During this rest period, the account will remain inactive and cannot be accessed. Players can contact the support team when they are ready to open the account again and engage in responsible gambling at the site.
If you seek more information about responsible gambling, here are a few independent organisations: