Live Baccarat Guide | Rules & Gameplay
By choosing to play live casino games, you’ll experience the excitement offered at some of the top casino floors such as the MGM Grand and the Bellagio Casino! With the most professional live dealers and an ever-expanding choice of Live Baccarat Online games, you won’t be limited on game variety!
Live Baccarat Online
Thanks to the new live casino services, you can now virtually play all brick and mortar live Baccarat games straight from your mobile device, offered by internationally renowned casinos. Some of the new features that you can only access through Live Dealer Baccarat include bean shaped tables, cards being dealt face down, different choices of roads for keeping tabs on trends, as well as side bets. There are also different variants of the game accessible from the comfort of your home.
Live Casino Baccarat Rules – How to play Baccarat Online
There are two hands that are dealt in Live Dealer Baccarat – the dealer’s and the banker’s hand. Before each deal, you are required to bet on whether the Player’s hand or that of the banker will be closest to 9 as possible. You can as well bet that the outcome will be a tie – meaning that player’s hand will be of the same value as that of the dealer.
Live Dealer Baccarat – Betting
Live Casino Baccarat is usually played using eight decks of cards, which are reshuffled after every hand and dealt from a shoe. A total of four cards will be dealt. You will receive the first and third cards, while the Banker will receive the second and fourth cards. Once you and the banker have received cards, you’ll be required to place your bet. Do this by clicking on different sections of the table to place your bet as you wish. Another click on the same position adds an extra chip to your bet.
**Take note that there might be a third card if the winning hand isn’t determined during the first draw of the cards. In this case, there are special third card rules that will be followed.
Live Baccarat Third Card Rule
The third card will be dealt face up, first to the player, and if need be, to the banker’s hand. Only one card per hand is dealt.
Player’s Third Card Rule
- If the hand value of the player is below 5, then you shall be required to draw an extra card
- If the hand value is 6 or 7, you are required to stand
- If the hand value is 8 or 9, then you’ll have a natural and no more cards will be drawn
If you stand, the banker will hit on a total of 5 or less. However, if you choose to hit, the dealer should react according to the rules below.
Banker’s Third Card Rule
- A hand value of 0-2 requires the banker to draw regardless of the value of the player’s hand
- A hand value of 3 requires the banker to draw a third card unless your third card is an 8
- A hand value of 4 requires the banker to draw a third card unless your third card is a 0, 1, 8, or a 9
- A hand value of 5 requires the banker to draw a third card unless your third card is a 4, 5, 6, or a 7
- A hand value of 6 requires the banker to draw a third card unless your third card is a 6 or 7
- A hand value of 7 requires the banker to stand, and not to draw the third card
Once the dealer has followed through with the 3rd card rule for both the Banker and the Player, the winning hand is paid, while the losing bets are collected.
Live Baccarat – Card Value
All casinos offering Live Dealer Baccarat use the same system to rank their cards. All the ten cards and face cards have no value, while the other cards retain their face value. Also, it’s worth mentioning that the first digit of any total that exceeds 9 is discounted.
This means that the highest possible hand while playing Baccarat is 9. For instance, if a card with a face value of 2 and 3 are counted as 5. A card with a face value of 7 and 8 are counted as 5 instead of 15. A 10 plus a Queen equals 0.
You are a winner if the value of player’s hand is worth more than that of the banker. However, this value shouldn’t exceed 9, lest you automatically lose to the banker irrespective of whether or not the value of its cards has exceeded 9.
- If you’ve placed your bet on the ‘Banker’s Hand’, the casino will pay out even money less 5% commission
- If you’ve placed your bet on the ‘Player’s Hand’, the casino will pay out at even money
- If you correctly predict a tie, you are going to be paid out at odds of 8:1
Unfortunately, the Live Baccarat UK Casino might have to void games, especially if there’s any error experienced. Below are some of the reasons which can lead to a game being voided!
- When a card is scanned twice
- When a non-scanned card is dropped
- When a card isn’t scanned by the dealer
- An error can occur with the scanner, e.g. the scanned cards are different from the actual cards
- When two cards are pulled simultaneously. The system registers a wrong card, and the game is voided
- A Live Baccarat Game will be voided if the dealer will start a new game instead of changing the shoe
For the best live baccarat gaming sessions, it’s highly recommended that you choose a Live Baccarat UK casino. This ensures that you don’t have to go through any of the mentioned issues.
Best Live Baccarat Online
Side Bets in Live Dealer Baccarat
There are plenty of side bets whenever you are playing Live Baccarat. Below, we’ve briefly mentioned some of the popular ones, though we advise you to always consult with the casino before placing the bets.
Progressive Side Bet
Just as the name suggests, the progressive side bet has a progressive jackpot attached to it. It also has the maximum and minimum bet that you can bet on. Below is a summary of the different hands and payout ratios for progressive bets.
Pairs Side Bet
It’s a side bet where you bet that the players or bankers cards will form a pair
Baccarat Small and Big Bets
Involves betting on the total number of cards that will be dealt during the game
This bet wins if the combined value of the Player and Bankers cards are either below 5 or above 14. There are also other combinations that pay out as per indicated in the table below.
Tie Bonus Bet
You not only win this bet in case of a tie, but you’ll also be paid if the tie misses by 1. If the outcome is a tie, then other odds will be considered depending on the number of cards that have been dealt as well as the number of the tie.