Live Roulette Guide | Rules & Gameplay
Live Roulette is by far one of the oldest online casino games and one of the most popular games around. Easy to understand rules, easy to follow gameplay and the rush brought about by the spinning of the wheel are perhaps some of the reasons why most players prefer playing it!
Live Roulette Is the New & Exciting Way to Play Software Based Roulette
With the advancement of technology, there has been different casino games, but none beats Live Roulette Online. This casino game is realistic and brings an authentic land based casino experience to your home, straight from your PC/mobile device. It’s only one of the few games that enables you to play with real croupiers just as you would at your brick and mortar casino.
Due to the popularity of this game, and the numerous unanswered questions that we come across on a daily basis, we’ve decided to prepare a detailed guide on the Live Dealer Roulette game, including the different bets and their respective payouts, how to play live Roulette online, and some of the commonly asked FAQs on the same. This Roulette guide is written for beginners and casual players!
Quick Live Casino Roulette Tips
We have a few tips that should help you boost your chances of winning while playing the live dealer roulette game. Practice them using the free roulette game before betting using real money.
- Always choose the European Roulette game over the American variant. This is because the house edge on the European is half that on the American
- Have a plan in terms of the bankroll that you wish to use and ensure that you stick to it. Split your bankroll into several bets but ensure that they are not less than 10, so as to coition you incase of a losing streak
- Choose a reputable and a licensed live casino roulette for better chances of winning while playing this exciting game
- Never on any instance believe that there’s a 100% workable strategy. There are plenty of strategies online, but they are only meant to reduce the house edge, but only if they are used properly and not to guarantee you any wins
Why don’t you go and try live dealer roulette?
Feeling lucky yet? You should be! Given that you are well familiar with all the rules and tips of Live Dealer Roulette game, it’s time to visit one of the best live roulette UK casino for the best experience. If you feel you are not familiar with all these rules and descriptions, we recommend that you try the game for free before starting to play for real money.
How do you play Live Roulette Online?
Live casino roulette play is much similar to the in-software play. Buying of chips and placing of the bets is similar, with the only difference between these two coming in when spinning the wheel. While in the in-software version of roulette allows you to spin the wheel by yourself, the Live Casino Roulette only allows the croupier to do this. Anyways, if you are wondering how you can play Live Roulette Online, this is how.
- Choose one of the best live roulette casino. This is important because you’ll get quality services by doing so
- Click on the ‘Live Casino’ section and choose Live Casino Roulette. Depending on the site you visit, there are different variants. Choose one that best suits you.
- Once you’ve chosen the game, you’ll have to wait for a minimum of 7 players to sit at the table after which the dealer will welcome you to the site
- He/she will then spin the wheel, after which you can now place your bet. Take note that once the dealer announces ‘ No More Bets’ you cannot place a bet. If you do, it shall be voided.
- The wheel will spin together with the ball until it comes to a stop after which the dealer/croupier will pay out the winning bets and collect the losing ones.
Since Live Dealer Roulette is a game that actually involves a dealer, there are instances where the casino might decide to void the game. During such a case, you shall be refunded your full stake and given a chance to place your bet again.
What could be the reason for the Live Roulette Online game to be voided?
- If the ball fails to make more than three complete revolutions of the wheel
- If the croupier accidentally drops the ball as they prepare to spin the wheel
- If the croupier accidentally throws the ball in the same direction of the spinning wheel
- If the croupier accidentally throws the ball in the same direction as the outgoing hand
- If the croupier notices that after spinning the wheel, it stops even before the ball is thrown
All these are common mistakes that are bound to happen from time to time at some online casinos. However, we’ve recommended some of the best live roulette casinos, where the dealers are experienced and professional. The result is there are very minimum errors.
How Do You Choose The Best Live Roulette UK Casino?
We’ve already mentioned twice on how important it is to choose one of the best live roulette UK casino whenever you want to play this game. Just to mention briefly, playing at one of the best live roulette UK not only enables you to choose from a wide array of bonuses, have fair results on the game, but it also gives you the confidence that you are likely going to win at the site. Below are some of the tips to consider.
- Ensure that the site is licensed and regulated. This is important as it shows you that the site has been certified as a safe haven for roulette players
- Look at the bonuses offered at the site. With casino bonuses, you can play for free and win real money, even with a low budget
- The reputation of the site is very important. You should never hesitate to sign up at a site with a commendable reputation
- Choose only a site that has both the play money and real money option. The play money option enables you to practice for free before wagering real money. This is important as you can use it to gain the much needed momentum before going into the real money game
Live Dealer Roulette Rules
While playing live casino roulette, there are different bets that you can place on the table. These bets can either be a single number, a group of numbers, a colour, or a specific region on the roulette table. The payouts of each of these bets will be listed in the casino’s ‘Winning Table’ and we’ve used Casumo Casino’s table as an example.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Straight up bet
This is one of the live dealer roulette bets and you can easily place it by placing one of your chips at the center of the number that you wish to bet on. It’s usually one of the hardest bet to win on the roulette table and as a result, pays out at odds of 35:1. At the Live Casino Roulette, the maximum amount that you can place on this bet will normally be indicated just below the info tab.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Split bet
Normally involves betting on two numbers of the roulette wheel. You can also place this bet by taking the chip and placing it on the line that separates the two numbers. Since only two numbers are involved when betting, it’s the bet with the second highest payout ratio of 17:1. When betting, the maximum amount that you can bet on it is twice that of the straight up bet.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Street bet
The bet gets its name from the fact that you’ll be betting on three numbers that appear to be in a street. To place this bet, simply place a chip on the boundary line at the end of the corresponding row. This bet pays out at odds of 11:1 and the maximum bet that you can place on it is thrice that of the straight up bet.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Corner Bet
When playing Live Roulette Online, a corner bet usually involves betting on four numbers. You can place it by placing your chip at the intersection of the four numbers. Since four bets are involved, the bet pays out at odds of 8:1 and the maximum bet that you can place on it is 4× that of the straight up bet.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Four Bet
It’s the bet that covers numbers 0, 1, 2, and 3 on the roulette wheel. To place it, simply place your chip on the boundary line between the first row and 0 intersect. Since also four bets are involved, the bet also pays out at odds of 8:1 with the maximum allowable bet being 4× that of the straight up bet.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Line Bet
It’s a bet that includes a group of numbers together i.e., you shall be betting on two street bets. This means that the bet includes six different numbers in two rows of three numbers. To place this bet, simply place the chip on the line that separates the inside and outside of the roulette table such that it overlaps the first number on the row. Due to the numbers involved, this bet pays out at odds of 5:1 and the maximum bet that you can place on it is 6× that of the straight up bet.All these bets are referred to as the Inside Bets since they are placed on the inside side of the bet. The other type of bets are the outside bets and they are follows.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Any Black or Red Bet
Black or red bets simply need you to bet on whether the resulting number will be a red or black. To bet on it, place your chip on either the black or red field located on the outside of the table.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]High or Low Number Bet
The outside of the Live Dealer Roulette table are divided into high or low numbers. Numbers 1 to 18 are low numbers while 19 to 36 are all high numbers. A low number bet means that you think the ball will land on any number from 1 to 18, while a high number bet simply means the roulette ball will land on a number from 19 to 36.
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Odd or Even Bet
On the roulette table, there’s a section marked as odd or even. By placing this bet, it simply means that the number which will show up on the next spin will be even or odd.
✶✶All these three bets include 18 numbers and have a pay out at odds of 1:1. They are sometimes referred to as even money bets. Take note also that should a 0 or 00 show up on your spin, you lose the bet.